Background

11/12/08

I Will Never Say No When You Ask To Go To The Bathroom Again

There I was, sitting at a table with 4 students who were riveted with my extensive knowledge on mixed numbers. Glasses (who's been without glasses now for a few weeks) bursts through the classroom door. He was on a bathroom break with a 'smate that we'll rename Punk (for his inappropriate dance moves one day).

Back to the bursting through the door. So, Glasses BURSTS through the door - comes gliding across to my table, all the while shouting "PUNK.......PEED..... IN....... HIS....... PANTS!!!!"

By that time, he had reached my side. I looked at his frantic expression and said "Was that an appropriate thing to shout across the classroom?" I was really giving myself a moment to think about my action and to ponder on the whereabouts of Punk at this moment.

To my amazement, instead of simply saying "No, it wasn't," Glasses stares at the floor and rephrases his declaration.

He looks back up to me, in the same gaze as before, and says:
"Punk has a watery substance on his pants!!"

I stifle my laugh and walk across the room to the door. By the way, no less than 5 students followed me begging to go with him to the clinic. What is with these kids? Haven't they every seen a watery substance on pants before? When I open the door to ask Glasses to take him to get new clothes (I heart the parent center), I see the top half of Punk's body gazing into the classroom. He was hiding his bottom half with the doorway and wall.
Without saying anything, I motion for them to be on their way.

3 comments:

Pound said...

i love your stories or...rather i love the goings on in elementary school!! keep 'em coming. i mean, i hope your students get more interesting ;)

Whitney said...

A watery substance on his pants - LOL! That is classic. I am sure you are FULL of funny stories.

Unknown said...

WOW! What a word choice lesson!

http://debrennersmith.blogspot.com/